Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mera Lazywala Maggi




If you have been watching Indian television you will definitely understand the title of this post. Some days when I come home from office I don’t feel like cooking anything (that’s most of the days actually hehehe) but alas a housewife’s duty calls and thou shall feed your lazy husband reverberates in my ears. Eating out in our area is a bit expensive so I try to make something instant and what can be more easier than instant noodles!! Usually I just throw in whatever I have in the fridge but this is the version that I love the most. That’s why this is my lazy maggi.
Maggi has been with me since childhood and whenever there was nothing in the house this was a quick solution to satisfy hungry tummies. It is also a great way to sneak those veggies into your child’s diet. So if you are in one of those lazy moods, or don’t have anything else in the house, make a huge pot of this and watch the smiles on everyone around you.

Recipe (Serves 2)

Ingredients
2 Packets noodles (any brand like Maggi will do)
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables*
1 Onion (Sliced)
2 Chicken Franks (Sausages – Cut In Small Pieces) **
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
2 Tbsp Oil
Coriander Leaves (For Garnish)

In a pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions till golden brown. Add the butter, sausage pieces, vegetables, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Sauté till the veggies are cooked.



Remove this to a plate and fill the same pot with water. I always cook my Maggi in less water than called for on the packet as I don’t like it to be watery. Open all the masala packets that come with the noodles and mix in the water. Once the water comes to a boil throw in the noodles and let it cook.



When the noodles are done and a little water is left add the cooked vegetables and toss well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
*- I mostly use a mixed pack of frozen vegetable (carrots, peas, Beans, Corn etc) coz I am too lazy to cut the fresh ones or there are no fresh ones in the house.
**- If you don’t have sausages you can use 1/2 cup boiled chicken pieces (boneless) or omit the meat completely.

Happy Eating!!

1 comment:

  1. Made this for breakfast today [for T&C].Got back a lot of childhood memories :).Posted in my blog and in T&C.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!