I would love to try doing a sweet variation next time with nutella and strawberries or coconut and sugar. Crêpe party, here I come!
Recipe - Crêpes from Smitten Kitchen
For The Crêpes
45 Grams Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 Cup (295 ml) Milk (Room Temperature)
4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 Cup (125 Grams) All Purpose Flour
Two pinches of salt
For The Filling
750 Grams Minced Meat (Beef/Mutton)
2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
2 Tbsp Yogurt
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
2 Tsp Cumin Powder (Zeera)
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
2 Tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (Dhanya)
Salt To Taste
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
4 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1.4 Cup Finely Chopped Mint Leaves
Mayonnaise as needed
Paste made with water and flour for sticking
Make The Crêpe Batter
1. Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Do not let it get too hot or it will scramble the eggs.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. There will be a lot of lumps and that is ok.
3. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or upto 4 Days.
Make The Filling
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the meat and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
2. When meat is marinated, heat the oil in a large pot and add the onion and chillies. Sauté till the onion is translucent. Add the marinated meat and stir well to break down the clumps of meat.
3. Cook the meat on high till done and adjust spices according to taste. If any water is left in the pot keep cooking till it evaporates.
4. Turn off the flame and add the coriander and mint leaves. Cool Completely before using as filling.
Make The Crêpes
1. Remove the batter from the fridge and give it a quick stir. If you think it is a bit thick add a splash of milk.
2. Place a 8-9 inch non stick pan/skillet on medium flame. I like to use two pans on two burners to speed the process.
3. Lightly butter pan with a tissue and pour in 1/4 cup batter. Quickly rotate the pan to spread the batter evenly all around.
4. Once the edges have set, using a non stick turner or your fingers gently flip the crêpe. I flip mine onto to the second pan and continue to pour more batter on the first pan. Repeat to make more.
5. When the bottom is slightly golden remove crêpe onto a foil or wax paper. Cool Completely.
Assemble The Parcels
1. Place one crêpe on a plate and add 1/4 Cup of kheema in the center with 1 Tsp Mayonnaise.
2. Fold the two sides on the filling and then fold the bottom side upwards Apply the paste of flour and water to the top side and gently fold it downwards to make a square parcel.
3. Heat a skillet and place the prepared parcels on it. Cook till light golden on both sides.
3. Serve hot with Ketchup.