Seven Layer Bars are an amazing combination of digestives, chocolate, coconut and condensed milk. I baked a batch to take to work with me and within an hour the entire box was gone. The recipe contains very simple ingredients and is super easy to put together . It is also a great project to make with kids.
Though I loved the bars as is, next time I would love to add a salty element to it like pretzels or crushed Ritz crackers. You could also use salted peanuts instead of the pecans.
Recipe Source - Brown Eyed Baker
1 1/2 Cups Crushed Digestive Biscuits
113 Grams Unsalted Butter (Melted)
1 Cup Chopped Pecans/Walnuts
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips/Butterscotch Chips
1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Line a 9X13 (or two 8x8 square pans) Baking tray with aluminium foil with an overhang on both the sides. Grease the foil with butter , making sure to go up the sides.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the crushed digestives with the melted butter. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. There is no need to press it in as this is not a crust.
4. Next add a layer each of the pecans, semi sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and coconut over the biscuit layer.
5. Pour the entire can of the condensed milk all over the pan. Do not press any of the ingredients.
6. Place on the middle rach and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack till the bars come to room temperature.
7. Remove the bars using the foil handles and cut into bars. Store in an air tight container.