Last night I had a hankering for some burgers and when I remembered this recipe from Annie's Eats I knew I had to make it. These burgers pack a super flavourful punch and are really quick to put together. Though the original recipe serves them with Guacamole don't be deterred if you don't have any on hand or cannot find ripe avocados. These are amazing just as is with some mayonnaise and ketchup as well, or you could try them with sour cream, ranch dressing, salsa etc. I have used chicken breasts below but you can use ground chicken to make things easier. If you don't have a food processor just chop everything finely by hand and mix in a large bowl.
Recipe - From Annie's Eats
Ingredients - Makes 4 Large or 6 Medium Burgers
For the Burgers
500 Gms Chicken Breast (Boneless and skinless)
1 Jalapeno (I used pickled)
1 Medium Red Onion (Peeled and Cut in half)
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
2 Garlic cloves
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Coriander
1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1. Place the onion, garlic, coriander and jalapeno in a food processor. Pulse till finely chopped.
2. Add the chicken breast and process till finely ground.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse till the mixture comes together.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 or 6 portions and form patties.
5. Heat 1 Tsp oil in a non stick frying pan and cook the patties, flipping once, till cooked through.
6. Toast the buns, add the patty and the toppings as desired. Serve and Enjoy.