I am a big fan of the Dark Chocolate Orange bars from Lindt and love to incorporate them in baked goods. The chocolate is of fantastic quality and the orange flavour is just right. I made this Tiramisu trifle for a picnic in a larger pan and put the remaining cream and ladyfingers in these little glasses. They make for adorable presentation and are handy to serve at home.
I made a simple chocolate whipped cream using the dark chocolate and orange bar and dipped the ladyfingers in dissolved orange jelly (same as Jell-O in the US) to give them an intense orange flavour. Overall I was very happy with the way it turned out and so I am sharing this with you. You can scale this to any quantity you like. The below measurements yields a 8x6 glass dish with 4 inch high sides. I had just enough leftover to fill two mini glasses. Of course I forgot to photograph the dish and had to rely on these two the next day.
Recipe - Makes One 8x6 dish with 4 inch sides - An Everybunny Loves Food Original
2 Boxes Vanilla Flavoured Instant Pudding Mix
3 1/2 Cups Cold Milk
50 Grams Dark Chocolate Orange Bar (like Lindt)
1 Package Orange Flavoured Jelly
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 Cup Cold Water
2 Cups Whipping Cream
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (more or less as per taste)
1 Packet Ladyfinger biscuits (approx. 18 biscuits or as many as you need to fill the dish)
Cocoa Powder for dustingFresh Orange Segments for decorating
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cold milk and vanilla pudding mix. Mix well till smooth. Cover and place in fridge till needed.
2. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 15 second intervals. Keep aside to cool completely.
3. Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water and then add the cold water. Cool completely but do not let it set.
3. Place the whipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high till you get soft peaks.
4. With the mixer running slowly add the melted chocolate and whip to stiff peaks. Taste and add powdered sugar, adjust to the sweetness that you like.
5. Now its time to assemble the trifle, keep the trifle dish in front of you and the ladyfingers, orange jelly, pudding and whipped cream ready to use.
6. Dip one lady finger in the orange jelly liquid (do it very quickly, not more than 1 second). Place it on the bottom of the trifle dish. Repeat with the ladyfingers till you have one layer covering the bottom of the dish.
7. Spread two cups of the pudding evenly on the ladyfingers and then add one cup of the whipped cream layer.
8. Repeat the ladyfinger, pudding and whipped cream layers.
9. Dust the top with the drinking cocoa powder and decorate with fresh orange segments. Press a layer of cling film on top and place in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve Chilled.