Wishing all my readers (yes, all three of you) a very happy new year!! I can't believe it's already been a year since I started blogging. And what a year it was. This last year was full of ups and downs for us and for the most part of it, it was a great year. I learnt a lot of new things in the kitchen and came out of my comfort zone. I joined the daring bakers, learnt how to make bread at home, made my own sugar cookies (and decorated with royal icing!!!), decorated a cake and even made cupcake pops! There is still so much more to learn and do and I really wish that I can pursue this passion of mine. So what are the things that I want to do this year? Let me list them down (in no particular order) Mind you, these are not any resolutions but just stuff I would like to do-
1. Learn swimming - seriously, its high time I know how to swim.
2. Get pregnant - Why do the virgins on T.V always get pregnant on their first time? No one tells us what hard work this is!!
3. Take up a cake decorating course - Any sponsors??
4. Lose weight - O.K. I know I said this last year as well, but I did manage to join the gym and lose a good 7 kgs. BUT. I stopped going and nothing has been the same since :(
5. Visit a new country - hubby and I have been planning this since forever but we never make it out of here.
6. Pray more - I have complete faith but when it comes to practice I am LAZY. If I don't want to reach hell I need to act fast!
7. Clean my house more often - Or better yet, get a maid! ha ha. (Hubby, are you listening?)
8. Make Marshmallow Fondant - Hello Crisco and mini marshmallows lying in my cupboards!
9. Learn to make better lists - I know this one is damn boring.
10 . Stop boring readers - No more lists, I promise!
Well that was my pretty boring list. What is not boring is this Stuffed French Toast. A great way to jazz up that plain morning breakfast. Instead of using french bread I used half of the Stollen that I had made for daring bakers. It was yummy! But I will make a few changes to it the next time I make it. Here is the recipe
Recipe Source - Given as is from Tasty Kitchen by Manda2177 with my notes in red.
Ingredients - Makes 6 Servings
1 Loaf French Bread - I used the stollen.
3 Tbsp Any Flavor Fruit Spread (You Can Also Use Jelly, Jam, Or Fresh Fruit)
1/2 Package Cream Cheese (100 Gms), At Room Temperature - Next time I will reduce this amount as it was too tangy for me
2 whole Eggs
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon - Omitted this since the stollen already had cinnamon.
1/2 Cups Skim Milk
2 Tbsp Butter
Golden Syrup for serving
1. Heat skillet or electric griddle to 325 to 350 degrees.
2. Cut french bread into 2 inch wide slices. Then, with a paring knife, go back and cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ that your fruit mixture can be stuffed into.
3. In a bowl, place the room temperature cream cheese and three tablespoons of fruit spread of your choice. (I used mixed fruit jam.) Combine well.
4. In a separate bowl, break 2 eggs; add cinnamon and milk and combine well.
5. Now, take fruit mixture and stuff into the ‘pockets’ of your french bread slices. Place on a baking sheet.
6. When done stuffing each piece of bread, completely coat each piece in egg mixture. Make sure all sides are covered. Do all pieces before starting to fry.
7. Put 2 tbsp (you can use less!) of butter into a hot skillet and melt completely. Add all of the bread to the skillet and cook roughly about 3-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches a nice golden brown. You want to make sure the cream cheese mixture heats through.
Serve hot with golden syrup or maple syrup.