Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicken Pizza


We had this fabulous pizza for dinner last night and everyone loved it. Hubby's friends were at home for dinner and even they gave it full marks. The recipe is from Eat Laugh Love, my partner for Taste and Create for the month of March. I know its a bit too late to be posting this but I didn't want to miss it.

I had made a similar pizza for the previous taste and create but the BBQ sauce was different from this recipe. I couldn't find liquid smoke and made a few changes in the sauce. Some great bad luck befell me and I added two teaspoons salt in the sauce thinking it was sugar (a mistake many people have done in my house as my salt and sugar containers are very similar and kept next to each other, LOL!). To rectify, I added some more tomato sauce and a whole lot of sugar. The end result was a very yummy sauce and I am glad I have frozen the rest of it for the future.

The Pizza dough is good and rises well. I mixed the whole thing by hand and kept it in the oven (switched off) to rise for one hour as I had time to spare.

Recipe Source - Eat Laugh Love

Ingredients

For The Pizza Toppings
BBQ Sauce (Recipe Below)
Sliced Mushrooms
Green Peppers
Onions
Mozzarella Cheese
Chicken (Cooked and tossed in the BBQ sauce, Chopped to 1/2 Inch pieces)
Oregano
Coriander Leaves
For the Pizza Dough  - I got two crusts from this dough as I doubled the recipe.
2 Cups Whole-wheat Flour
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
4 1/2 Tsp Quick Rising Yeast (I used instant yeast)
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Hot Water (120-130°F)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce
1 Cup Tomato Sauce - I used 2 Cups
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Finely Minced Onions
3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
1 Tsp Chili Powder - I used two tsp.
1 Tsp Paprika - Omitted 
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke - Omitted
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Cumin - I used cumin powder
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tsp Basil

Make The Dough
1. Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour in the hot water and olive oil and knead till the dough comes together and forms a soft ball. The dough should be slightly sticky. Add more water if required.
2. Slightly oil the bottom and sides of the bowl. Roll the dough into a ball and swirl in the bowl to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and keep aside to rise if using regular yeast.
3. If using rapid rise, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place it, sprayed-side down, over the dough. Let the dough rest for 10 to 20 minutes before rolling.

Make The Sauce
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and saute till translucent. Add all the other ingredients and bring to boil. Cool sauce.

Top the Pizza and Bake
Preheat oven to 500°F or highest setting. Roll and top the pizza as desired (about a 13-inch circle) and bake the pizza until the bottom is crisp and golden, 10 to 14 minutes, or as directed by your recipe.

Happy Eating!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like food you'd eat in Heaven. YUMM!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!