If you have any Oreo loving friends and family, make this super easy trifle for them and watch them sigh with pure pleasure. A layer of crushed oreos is topped with chocolate pudding and another layer of whipped cream and cream cheese. Since everything comes from a box this recipe is good to have in your arsenal when you are doing a lot of cooking and dessert is the last thing on your mind. You can scale the quantity as you like to make as much or as little pudding you think you can eat. Or if you want the dessert to be your showstopper you can make everything from scratch (yes, the Oreos also). This trifle fed a lot of people and there was plenty leftover too.
2 Boxes of Instant Chocolate Pudding Or Cookies n Cream flavor
4 Cups Cold Milk
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
One 300 Gms Pack of Cream Cheese
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Box Oreos (the big box approx 3lb 4.5 oz)
1. Place the heavy whipping cream in the bowl of a mixer and whip till you get stiff peaks. Using a spatula fold in the cream cheese and powdered sugar till mixed well. Place the cream mixture in the fridge.
2. Prepare the pudding according to package directions and place in fridge.
3. Arrange oreos along the circumference of the trifle bowl. I dipped them on one side in milk and this helped them stick to the glass. Break a few oreos in four pieces each. Place all the pieces on the bottom of the bowl and continue till they reach the height of the oreos on the side.
4. Remove the pudding and cream mixture from the fridge. Pour half the pudding mix on the oreos and smoothen with a spatula.
5. Pour half the cream mixture on the pudding layer and smoothen.
6. Repeat all the layers. Decorate as desired.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours atleast for the oreos to soften.
8. Serve chilled and enjoy!