Thursday, December 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Blossoms



I had been eyeing these cookies for so many days but didn't have the courage to make them (my past record with cookies has not been so great). But after seeing them pop up on many other sites coz of Christmas baking, I finally decided to give them a try and boy! Am I glad I did. The cookie is so delicate and yummy (if I may say so myself). I used the recipe from Joy of Baking but forgot the last step of rolling the dough in the sugar :)I used slightly salted butter and omitted the salt. Also, I liked the plain cookie rather than one with the chocolate (just a personal preference) but my hubby loved the one with the chocolate.
I also saw a twist on these on Annies Eats named Cappuccino Love Bites
So go ahead and take the plunge into these delicious cookies. You will be glad you listened to me!


Kisses all ready to be used


Recipe Source - Joy of Baking

Ingredients

1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (185 grams) peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1/3 cup (70 grams) light brown sugar
1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups (210 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Coating:
1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar

In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars, egg and milk and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Add the vanilla essence and beat to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) and place rack in the center of the oven.
Roll the batter into 1 inch (2.54) round balls. Place the granulated white sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball in the sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. While the cookies are baking remove the wrappers of the kisses and keep them ready for use.
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. They will still be soft. Immediately upon removing the cookies from the oven, place a chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down until the cookie just starts to crack. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Makes 48 cookies.

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!