Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies




After making the Tiramisu I had some mascarpone cheese leftover and had no clue what to do with it. So I googled and came across this recipe. I love chocolate and brownies are one of my favorite treats. I was really excited to make these as I had not made brownies in a long time and luckily had all the ingredients on hand. These are supposed to be really, really rich and have a ganache topping which I skipped as I didn’t have enough chocolate. After reading all the reviews on various different blogs (same recipe) I was expecting something great. Unfortunately these did not meet my expectations and I was a bit disappointed. I think I did something wrong coz so many people said that these were the best brownies. Perhaps the ganache was the star of the show.
Luckily I had halved the recipe so don’t have to many to worry about! I froze half of them to mix and match and make some other dessert. Latif is eating the rest of them. One by one. When I am not looking.

Update - Ok, I had these today and they taste much, much better. The texture seems different , I dont know how and why. Maybe because I had eaten them when they were warm. Ofcourse I still did'nt find them amazing but am much happier now :) Do try making them with the ganache if you have any leftover mascarpone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!