Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Lazy Weekend Breakfast - Spicy Egg Toast


My travel date is coming nearer (yayayaya!!) and we had planned to finish all our shopping this weekend. The plan was to wake up early and head off after breakfast. However we never woke up early and eventually never went out till eight in the night!! I didn’t want to make any traditional breakfast stuff and also wanted to use up the bread we had at home. Neither did I want to make an omelette or my fav Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. That’s when I remembered my cousin telling me about a spicy bread toast made with eggs and bread. They usually make this back home in India as they are not big fans of the sweet French Toast. I didn’t know the exact recipe so made my own version. It turned out to be delicious and filling, a great twist on the usual omelette. Perfect for a lazy weekend.

Recipe

Ingredients

6 Slices Bread
3 Eggs
1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Milk
3 Green Chilies
1/2 Onion
1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
Butter for frying

Place all the ingredients except the eggs, bread and butter in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Add the eggs to the blender and beat till evenly mixed with the paste. Taste and adjust seasonings according to taste. Pour into a wide bottomed bowl. Cut each bread slice diagonally. Place a frying pan on low and melt one tsp butter. Dip the bread in the egg mix and fry, turning on both sides till golden brown. Repeat with the butter and bread till all slices are used up. If any egg mix remains use more bread slices to finish it up.

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!