Friday, August 27, 2010

An Iftaar Treat - Moong Dal Bhajiya


When I was making the kachoris, I had soaked a little extra dal by mistake and after grinding the dal I realized that it would be too much. So I kept aside the excess in the fridge and thought of making something else with it. I had no clue what could be done with moong dal and just decided to make the bhajiyas on a whim. These bhajiyas are very simple to make but taste great. I didn’t know how they would turn out I just added whatever ingredients I had on hand. Ultimately I was very happy with the results and Latif loved them too!

Recipe - An Everybunny Loves Food Original

Ingredients

1/4 Cup Moong Dal (Washed and Soaked)
1/2 Cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
1/4 Cup Tomato (Finely Chopped)
2 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Salt to Taste
Pinch of Turmeric
Oil For Frying

Drain the moong dal of all excess water and grind to a coarse paste. Mix together with all the other ingredients. Heat oil in a frying pan and drop the batter using a small teaspoon. Fry on both sides till golden brown. Serve with tomato ketchup.

Happy Eating!!

1 comment:

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!