Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pistachio Cupcakes With Chocolate Ganache Topping


Psst, you! Come closer!
Yes, a little more!
Ah! These are little bites of heaven right here. Yes my friends, if you are a nut lover like me then look no further for an amazing little treat. Pistachio cupcakes with a Chocolate ganache! I saw these beauties on Annie's Eats ans since I had already eaten this winning combination in the Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti I knew these would be great. I made them as mini cupcakes and couldn't resist popping them in my mouth one after the other. One of my colleagues used to bring very similar cupcakes to the office (not home made) but they were only flavoured with saffron. Both have the same slightly dense, but soft texture and I love them.  The best part about this recipe is that there is no artificial pistachio taste. It uses actual ground pistachios for the subtle flavouring which can be boosted with a pistachio filling. I am planing on making this into a cake with pistachio filling and pistachio buttercream for Eid. Yumm, cant wait to try that combination.

I am submitting this recipe to One Hot Stove for the Potluck Edition. Somebody has to bring dessert right ;)

Recipe Source - Annie's Eats

Ingredients - Makes 16 - 18 Cupcakes

For the Cupcakes
3/4 Cup Plus 2 Tbsp Pistachios (Shelled and Divided)
10 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
85 Gms Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
For The Ganache
115 Gms Bittersweet Chocolate (Finely Chopped)
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)

To Make the Cupcakes
  1. Preheat oven to 165 Degree C (325 Degree F). Line cupcake pans with paper liners. (I didn't use liners as my pans are non stick and simply greased them with cooking spray).
  2. Grind finely ½ cup of the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor.
  3. Mix together the butter, cream cheese and ground pistachios in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). 
  4. Add in the sugar on medium-low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.  
  5. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and add the vanilla. 
  6. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour and salt. Mix just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Chop the remaining pistachios and fold into the batter. 
  7. Fill cupcake liners with the batter (3/4 full - I use an ice cream scoop for easy filling).
  8. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (Since I made mini cupcakes mine were done very quickly so keep an eye on them). Cool the cakes and frost with ganache. Garnish with additional chopped or ground pistachios.
To Make the Ganache
  1. Place the heavy cream in a small microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute in 30 second intervals. (Or bring to a boil on the stove top)
  2. Remove and add in the chopped chocolate. Stir with a rubber spatula till combined. Add in the butter and stir for glossy finish. Invert each cupcake in the bowl (once cooled slightly) and twist to coat with a layer of ganache.
Happy Eating!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sana,

    I chanced upon ur blog ... you have a nice space...this cupcake looks very yummy...love the chocolate frosting...i also like ur kaddu ki subi too...i will try it..

    if u get time do visit my blog

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sana, that looks simply divine. I am bookmarking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you bought this gorgeous dessert along to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous li'l things, aren't they? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!