I absolutely love my weekends. It’s a great time to sleep, eat, relax and bond with my hubby. I work five days a week and get a nice two day weekend which I use to unwind and laze around the house. Since I wake up late I have to find a quick breakfast to appease my hungry stomach and keep me going for some time till lunch is ready. That is exactly what this breakfast is. Quick, easy and filling. It was ready in no time at all and I savored it with a hot cup of tea.
Recipe Source – Seduce Your Tastebuds
Ingredients – Makes 15 Dosas Approx.
For The Dosa
1 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 Cup Wheat Flour
¾ Cup Semolina (Sooji/Rava)
Salt To Taste
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
For the Chutney
1 Cup Peanuts (Roasted*)
2 Tsp Coconut (Grated)
2 Green Chilies
5 – 6 Curry Leaves
A Small Ball Tamarind (Marble sized)
Salt To Taste
For Tempering (Tadka) the Chutney
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
1/2 Tsp Urad Dal (Split)
Few Curry leaves
2 Tsp Oil
*Note - Make sure the peanuts are very well roasted, otherwise the chutney will have a raw taste. The peanuts should be crunchy and not soft.
Make The Dosa
- In a heavy bottomed pan, dry roast the oats till light brown and fragrant. Cool slightly and grind to a fine powder.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency. Take care to avoid lumps.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Prepare the chutney while the batter rests.
- Heat a dosa pan and pour a ladle full of batter in the center. Spread it to to the sides in a circle using the back of the ladle. (If not using a non stick pan, pour a little oil to the sides)
- When the edges lift up from the pan, flip it over and cook for a minute. Remove to a plate and keep aside. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Make The Chutney
- Grind all the ingredients without adding water for a few minutes.
- Add water little by little and continue grinding. (The chutney should not be too smooth.)
- Remove to a serving dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients. When the mustard seeds splutter, remove and pour over the chutney.Mix well and serve.