Sunday, September 5, 2010

An Iftaar Treat - Fruit Chaat


I absolutely love this fruit chaat and no iftaar is complete for me without this simple but delicious mix of fruits. You can add in any seasonal fruits, a dash of honey or sugar and a light sprinkle of chaat powder. I am a fussy eater when it comes to fruits as I don't like eating whole fruits. So when I am offered this treat I can happily eat a lot of fruit! It is very healthy and you can omit the sugar completely as the fruits lend their own sweetness. Back home in India it is my dad who makes this everyday in ramadan and it has become his chore for the day. So now I have given this big task to Latif. Hope he can do it well and carry on the tradition!

Recipe

Ingredients - Serves 6

1 Apple
2 Large Bananas
1 Orange
1 Pear
1 Ripe Guava
1 Cup Seedless Grapes (Chopped)
Sugar To Taste or Honey
A Pinch of Salt
1 Tsp Chaat Powder (More to Taste)

Wash all the fruits and dice them up in a big bowl. Mash up the orange slices a bit using the back of a spoon to release their juices.  Add the sugar/honey, salt and chaat powder. Mix well and serve. (I prefer to keep it in the fridge for sometime to chill and for the flavors to mingle)

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! If you have any thoughts, queries or suggestions please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!